1.

1.

Wednesday 25 February 2015

Lipstick Collection: part I, reds and oranges

I would say that Lipstick is one of my main make-up essentials. I wear it most days, and I often wear it on days when I don't have any specific plans or people to see. In the morning I organise which lipstick I need to stick in my handbag for that day.

This is Part 1 of my collection. Reds & Oranges.


919 Electric Orange by Maybelline New York is a part of the Colour Sensational Vivids Lip Color. This was one of the first more daring lipsticks I bought, when I was about 17 and managed to get away with at College. This is one I have re-bought a couple times. I have found its surprisingly easy to wear. Although, because it has quite a creamy texture, it has a tendency to melt and can become quite messy in the tube.


More recently I started trying out the Lip Bullets from Topshop. I quite like the twist up function. When I bought this lip colour I thought it would be more highly pigmented. This lipstick isn't as coral as I thought it would be. However, I do like the bronze like shimmer it has to this pinky colour. Then again, another issue with this type of lip colour is that they do dry out


This Revlon Colourburst is another bold shade, also slightly more muted than the Maybelline Electric Orange. It is also a Matte Balm which is quite nice, slightly more pastel. The downside of this is the tendency to show up creases in your lips. So it's not good to wear in winter, with dried out lips. I would recommend to moisturise before you apply this.


I am a fan of 'Pin Up' style, extremely vivid reds. This is a lip lacquer gloss that boasts long lasting results. It is extremely highly pigmented and keeps a shine. The consistency of this lacquer is quite runny, particularly when kept in your pocket, which can make it difficult to apply. Pre-applying a lip liner first can be effective in avoiding this issue.


This is my current Favourite lipstick. It is a part of the Colour Crush range. I didn't realise that The Body Shop had a great make up collection until I was bought this lipstick as a Christmas present. It is really moisturising and manages to stay put for a very long time. It also has a subtle Rose Scent. This colour is called 'Red Siren' which potentially hints toward the Hollywood Screen Sirens, it's what I generally pair with cateye eyeliner.


This is actually a cream blush by Maxfactor. For me, the colour was far too red to use as a blush, it was also difficult to apply using a brush. Around the 1930s it was quite common to have a cheek and lip colour in one. So I decided to use this as a lip colour, which I found to be quite successful. It gives a light sheen of rosy colour.


This is quite an orangey red. Once you get the messy ness of sharpening this Gelly Hi Shine out of the way, it's super easy to apply. Although, Barry M doesn't really offer this range of Hi Shine Lip colours in many varieties.


Here are the colour swatches. Stay Tunes for the Next Two Parts of my Lipstick Collection.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely choices - such great shades.
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete